Henny Stridsberg is a freelance dance teacher, workshop facilitator and researcher working with Argentine tango, improvisation and creative dance in different contexts. Henny holds a Master of Arts in Dance studies and a previous education in Political science from Paris 8 University in France, where she specialized in critical / feminist dance pedagogy and Argentine tango. She is currently training in contemporary dance at the Ballet Academy in Stockholm and has also studied creative dance, dance didactics and choreography at the Stockholm University of the Arts (SKH) and Stockholm University College of Music Education (SMI).
ONGOING WORK / PROJECTS
Dance Sustainability - dance as a process for creative, embodied and participative learning in sustainability in higher education.
- My role: guest-lecturer, co-responsible for developing and conducting arts-based workshops in collaboration with Silvia Bruzzone at Mälardalen University, Västerås/Sweden.
- Current work: elaborating a workshop based in creative dance methodology on urban water management - within the course Sustainability - for bachelor students in civil engineering (autumn 2021 & 2022).
- Research activities: Publication: Bruzzone, S. and Stridsberg, H. (forthcoming - accepted) Dancing urban waters. A posthuman feminist perspective on arts-based practice for sustainable education, in Cozza M. and Gherardi S. The Posthumanist Epistemology of Practice Theory. Re-imagining Method in Organization Studies and Beyond, Palgrave. Conference presentation: Bruzzone, S. & Stridsberg, H. 2022. Dancing urban waters. A posthumanist perspective on sustainability in engineering education. After Method in Organization Studies IV (AMOS): The epistemology of practice, 16-17 June, Mälardalen University, Västerås, Sweden. https://www.mdu.se/en/malardalen-university/conferences/after-method-in-organization-studies-iv-amos...
Tango Queerer Stockholm - a platform for tango activities that adopt a queer-feminist and norm-critical philosophy emphasizing following and leading for all, as well as an open, inclusive and explorational attitude towards tango styles and codes.
- My role: co-founder, dancer, dance teacher & workshop facilitator in collaboration with Malin Backström. Organizer of social dance events, tango DJ.
- Current work: weekly tango classes (in collaboration with Studieförbundet Bilda) & social dance events at Studio Touch & Hälsans Hus in Stockholm. Private classes. Regular workshops in various venues such as ABF Stockholm, Kvinnohöjdens feministiska kursgård and Lillsveds folkhögskola. Guest teaching for tango communities in Gothenburg and Norrköping. Tango classes for the student union at the Stockholm University of the Arts (SKH) 2022-2023.
- Research activities: Publication: Stridsberg, H., Backström, M., Bruzzone, S. 2021. The Double Role Tango Movement in Sweden. A Queer and/or Feminist Project? In: Bachelor, R., Havmoller, B., Plaschinski, M.eds. Queer Tango Futures: Dancing for Change in a Post-Covid World. (Online). Birthe Havmoller / Queertangobook.org, pp. 65-95. http://queertangobook.org/publications/queer-tango-futures/